BIWIN Storage Technology Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Biwin") is an Acer Business Partner and licensee for Predator branded storage and memory products. This warranty is solely and entirely applicable to only the Biwin products mentioned in Article below (hereinafter referred to as “Products”), and supersedes all other warranties and representations, whether in oral or written, between you and Biwin.
1. Applicable Products and Terms of Warranty
Note 1: Biwin offers the warranty terms of the Predator branded SSD based on the TBW (Terrabytes Written) or Warranty period.
Note 2: Biwin reserves the right to determine which Products are eligible for repair.
1.1 Predator memory: Predator memory Products are covered by a Biwin lifetime warranty commencing from the purchase date.
1.2 Predator SSDs: Predator SSD Products are covered by a Biwin three-year or five-year limited warranty commencing from the purchase date based on specific products.
* Note: In the event a law or regulation of a particular country/region requires a warranty with specific terms for products, Biwin shall, in such country/region, provide warranty services to those local consumers in accordance with such law or regulation.
2. Warranty Service
2.1 Subject to the terms and conditions hereunder, Biwin provides, without any charges or fees, replacement or repair services to our customers for`:
--defective Products within the applicable warranty term (hereinafter referred to as “Warranty Service”). The warranty term commences from the
--original purchase day. If Warranty Service is needed, any documentation which is able to prove the original purchase day should be provided. If the
--original purchase day cannot be determined, the commencement of the warranty term will be determined by Biwin according to the Product serial number.
2.2 For help, please contact the local reseller where the purchase was made. Or you may, at your option, make a Warranty Service Request on this webpage and we will provide Warranty Service.
2.3 Please note that:
(1) Biwin may replace the defective Product with a spare product from stock as in lieu of repairing the Product, and after replacement, Biwin may at its sole option dispose of defective Products. Therefore, in this case, the repaired Products you receive may not be the original Product(s) you sent for Warranty Service-- and the original Product will not be returned to you.
(2) In the event production of the Product has been discontinued or factory repair service is no longer provided, Biwin will, at its sole discretion, offer a substitute Product of equivalent level or class.
3. Scope of Warranty and Disclaimer
3.1 This Warranty does not apply to defects or damages to Products caused by human error-related factors or any other non-ordinary factors, including but not limited to:
(1) Malfunctions or damages caused by force majeure such as natural calamity or any inappropriate use by any person.
(2) Product has been repaired or taken apart by unauthorized technicians.
(3) Warranty label is altered, damaged or missing.
(4) Product serial number does not match Biwin's records or is difficult to ascertain.
4. Exception of warranty
4.1 NEVER does this Warranty apply to the recovery or back-up on any digital data in the Product. Biwin does not guarantee the completeness of digital data stored in the Product during and after Warranty Service and is not liable for any damages or losses of digital data stored in repaired Products. Furthermore, Biwin shall in no event be liable for, during the delivery of the Product, any damages to the Product and any losses of digital data stored in Products. Consequently, before sending the Product to Biwin for Warranty Service, if it is equipped with storage function, it is suggested that you make a back-up of your digital data from the Product and remove those digital data from the Product.
4.2 To the extent that applicable laws or regulations allow, in no event shall Biwin be liable, under this Warranty, for any losses of profit, anticipated savings and digital data, or indirect, incidental or consequential losses or damages caused by Products.
4.3 Biwin manufactures consumer and business-class Products. Since Products are not designed for extreme precision technology or absolute safety applications, it is not recommended to apply the Products in life support machines or other emergency equipment, which may lead to personal injury or death if such equipment is defective or suffers a breakdown, including but not limited to medical or medical-related equipment, military or military-related equipment, aircraft, traffic control equipment, disaster prevention systems, combustion control system, nuclear energy system, and so forth. Biwin shall not be liable for any personal injury or death, or any loss or damages to property arising from such application as mentioned above.
5. No other warranties
Biwin makes no other warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, whether expressly or implied per the Products. In the event that any law or regulation of a particular country/region prohibits the exclusion of implied warranty (i.e. warranty of merchantability and fitness), the terms of Biwin's implied warranty shall be subject to such laws/regulations or the Warranty term hereunder, whichever is shorter.